18. Howell, L. A. & Beekman, A. M.*
In silico peptide-directed ligand design complements experimental peptide-directed binding for protein–protein interaction modulator discovery.
RSC Chemical Biology, 2021, 2, 215-219.
17. Goddard, Z. R., Beekman, A. M., Cominetti, M. M. D., O’Connell, M., Chambrier, I., Cook, M. J., Marin, M. J., Russell, D. A. & Searcey, M.
Peptide directed phthalocyanine–gold nanoparticles for selective photodynamic therapy of EGFR overexpressing cancers.
RSC Medicinal Chemistry, 2021, 12, 288-292.
16. Piyasirananda, W., Beekman, A. M., Ganesan, A., Bidula, S. & Stokes, L.
Insights into the structure-activity relationship of glycosides as positive allosteric modulators acting on P2X7 receptors.
Molecular Pharmacology, 2021, 99, 163-174.
15. Cartwright, O. C., Beekman, A. M., Cominetti, M. D., Russell, D. A. & Searcey, M.
A peptide-duocarmycin conjugate targeting the Thomsen-Friedenreich antigen has potent and selective antitumour activity.
Bioconjugate Chemistry, 2020, 31, 1745-1749.
14. Beekman, A. M.*, Cominetti, M. D., Cartwright, O. C., Boger, D. L. & Searcey, M.
A small molecule drug conjugate (SMDC) of DUPA and a duocarmycin built on the solid phase.
MedChemComm, 2019, 10, 2170-2174.
13. Beekman, A. M.*, Cominetti, M. M. D., Walpole, S. J., Prabhu, S., O’Connell, M. A., Angulo, J. & Searcey, M.
Identification of selective protein–protein interaction inhibitors using efficient in silico peptide-directed ligand design.
Chemical Science, 2019, 10, 4502-4508.
12. Mills, S. C., Howell, L., Beekman, A. M., Stokes, L. & Mueller A.
Rac1 plays a role in CXCL12 but not CCL3-induced chemotaxis and Rac1 GEF inhibitor NSC23766 has off target effects on CXCR4.
Cellular Signalling, 2018, 42, 88-96.
11. Beekman, A. M., O’Connell, M. A. and Howell, L. A.
Peptide directed binding; a novel approach for the discovery of modulators of alpha-helix mediated protein-protein interactions demonstrated with apoptosis regulating Mcl-1.
Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2017, 56, 10446.
10. Myrtle, J. D., Beekman, A. M. and Barrow, R. A.
Ravynic acid, an antibiotic polyeneyne tetramic acid from Penicillium sp. elucidated through synthesis.
Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry, 2016, 35, 8253-8260.
9. Beekman, A. M., O’Connell, M. A. and Howell, L. A.
Identification of small-molecule inhibitors of the antiapoptotic protein myeloid cell leukaemia-1 (Mcl-1).
ChemMedChem, 2016, 11, 840-844.
8. Beekman, A. M. and Howell, L. A.
Small molecule and peptide Mcl-1 inhibitors of the pro-survival protein Mcl-1.
ChemMedChem, 2016, 8, 802-813.
7. Beekman, A. M., Wossa, S. W., Kevo, O., Ma, P. and Barrow, R. A.
Discovery and synthesis of boletopsin 13 and 14, brominated fungal metabolites of terrestrial origin.
Journal of Natural Products, 2015, 78, 2133-2135.
6. Beekman, A. M. and Barrow, R. A.
Syntheses of cytosporones A, C, J, K and N, metabolites from medicinal fungi.
Australian Journal of Chemistry, 2015, 68, 1583-1592.
5. Beekman, A. M. and Barrow, R. A.
Fungal metabolites as pharmaceuticals.
Australian Journal of Chemistry, 2014, 67, 827-843. (Issue Cover Article, Aust. J. Chem. most read).
4. Beekman, A. M. and Barrow, R. A.
Syntheses of Boletopsin 7, 11 and 12, fungal metabolites from the Papua New Guinean traditional medicinal mushroom Boletopsis sp.
Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2014, 79, 1017-1024.
3. Beekman, A. M. and Barrow, R. A.
Stereochemical assignment of the fungal metabolites pestalotiopsones D and E through enantiopure synthesis.
Journal of Natural Products, 2013, 76, 2054-2059.
2. Wossa, S. W., Beekman, A. M., Ma, P., Kevo, O. and Barrow, R. A.
Identification of boletopsin 11 and 12, antibiotics from the traditionally used fungus, Boletopsis sp.
Asian Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2013, 2, 565-567.
1. Beekman, A. M., Castillo Martinez, E. and Barrow, R. A.
First syntheses of the biologically active fungal metabolites pestalotiopsones A, B, C and F.
Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry, 2013, 11, 1109-1115.
1. Beekman, A. M., Cominetti, M. M. D., & Searcey, M.
Duocarmycins as Antibody–Drug Conjugate (ADC) Payloads.
Cytotoxic Payloads for Antibody–Drug Conjugates. 2019, 71, 187.