Andrew is interested in new ways to find and control protein-protein and protein-DNA interactions.
Dee’s research examines new ways to control the immune checkpoint proteins PD-1 and PD-L1. Supported by the BigC.
Suzanne van Wier
Suzanne looks at the protein-protein interactions that hold the telomerase complex together. Supported by UEA Faculty of Science.
Jack’s work looks at how to mimic intrinsically disordered protein interactions in telomerase. Funded by the Academy of Medical Sciences.
Ellie investigates the inhibition of Nrf2 and MafG, transcription factors that bind as coiled-coils and control inflammation. Supported by the Norwich Research Park DTP.
Owen synthesises and purifies peptides to control protein-protein interactions in bacterial cell division. Funded by the Norwich Research Park Grand Challenges Fund.
Masters and BSc Chemistry
- Lewis Vandamme – MSc Pharmacology and Drug Discovery
- James Williamson – MChem
- Prina Patel – MChem
Beekman and Searcey Groups. May 2021.
Left to Right: Back: Andrew Beekman, Mark Searcey, Giovanni Grossi, Jack Connor, Marco Cominetti, Dee Hayward. Front: Ellie Hyde, Vicky Kamperi, Katie Owen, Suzanne van Wier, Bethany Hood, Ellie Ivens, Zoë Goddard, Lily Cassidy.
- Megan Gwilliam – MPharmacology (Bath)
- Bradley Osbaldeston – MPharmacology (Bath)
- Lily Cassidy – BSc Chemistry
- Nikolina Avraam – BSc Chemistry
- Patrick Cardwell – MChem
- Jenna Conway – BSc Chemistry
- Giovanni Grossi – MChem
- Katie Owen – BSc Chemistry
- Aymeric Chanal – Visiting Intern – Sigma Clermont
- Rana Dawood – BigC Summer Student